Ball Machine Court Reservations –
you must have a ball machine membership to use the machine.
GVR Tennis Club BALL MACHINE Rules
- The GVRTC Board will determine the court location of any GVR TC Ball Machine, with approval of GVR.
- The ball machine will be used if the courts are dry. Courts will not be considered to be dry until 1 hour of direct sulight has passed after the courts have been rolled or swept.
- If there is a failure of the ball machine, contact the Ball Machine Chair or their appointed delegate to resolve the issue. This may take many hours. Users should not attempt to repair the machine if a problem develops. The two exceptions are:
? first, if there is no power to the machine, the user should hit the “reset” button on the GFCI receptacle.
? The second is jammed balls. After unplugging the machine from the power source, remove jammed balls by hand only.
? If either of these permitted fixes does not work, contact the committee chairman for the ball machine.
- The ball machine can only be used by members who have paid the annual ball machine fee. If a person has not paid the ball machine fee they shall not hit nor attempt to hit any ball launched from a GVR TC Ball Machine.
- All ball machine users must scan in regardless of whether they have made a reservation or not.
- The ball machine can be used all day on a reservation basis. Reservations must be made using the online reservation system.
- Ball Machine users receive one additional reservation for use with the ball machine. CHECK Ball Machine on the reservation form.
- Those GVRTC members who have paid the ball machine fee, may reserve court time slots in his/her name. One active ball machine reservation per user is permitted within a 7 day period.
- As a courtesy to all other players, if a reservation is not going to be used, the reservation shoud be cancelled up to 90 minutes in advance. Others may, then, book that court.
- A ball machine reservation is considered forfeited if not in use by 10 minutes after the reservation start time.
- Members using the ball machine have priority use of the court. If the ball machine is not reserved, the court is open for tennis play.
- If there is no advance sign up, court is first come, first served. No ball machine priority is given.
- Is is improper to offer to share the ball machine with a person using the machine. It is NOT improper to offer to share YOUR ball machine time with another ball machine user.
- Prior to the end of your time, the ball machine will be put away with the cord properly wound and placed on top of the ball hopper.